Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Rezolvat Arhivate

I cannot send any messages. I did the same on my other win7 computer and it did work there.

Theo Geels

I installed thunderbird on my desktop (Windows 7) and it worked like a charm. I could easily send and receive messages. I did the same on this laptop: same procedure: receiving went ok, but sending gave me the message in the file sent.

I installed thunderbird on my desktop (Windows 7) and it worked like a charm. I could easily send and receive messages. I did the same on this laptop: same procedure: receiving went ok, but sending gave me the message in the file sent.
Capturi de ecran atașate

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Soluție aleasă

'Without authentication' indicates the authentication for the outgoing server is None or 'password transmitted insecurely'. That might work for a desktop connected to the mail provider's network, but usually not for a laptop trying to send on a different network.

Who is the mail provider, and what are your smtp outgoing server settings?

As soon as I changed settings to 'Normal Password' (Normaal Wachtwoord) sending went succesfully!

Thanks a lot!