Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

How on earth can I get rid of Ghostery in Firefox - I keep getting flash ads now instead of no ads - it's a nightmare!

johnpeelfanclub

Hi All,

I added Ghostery to Firefox as I thought it would help to filter out ads, but now I just get ads flashing up on the screen for a second and then disappearing instead - it's horrible as this is the same as subliminal cuts - I just can't stand it. How do I delete or disable Ghostery from Firefox and my computer. I went into my files and it won't let me delete the Ghostery ones as it just comes up with a pop up saying that it is in use by Firefox. Please help.

Hi All, I added Ghostery to Firefox as I thought it would help to filter out ads, but now I just get ads flashing up on the screen for a second and then disappearing instead - it's horrible as this is the same as subliminal cuts - I just can't stand it. How do I delete or disable Ghostery from Firefox and my computer. I went into my files and it won't let me delete the Ghostery ones as it just comes up with a pop up saying that it is in use by Firefox. Please help.

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Hi, I run Ghostery and have no problems. Run it with uBlock Origin. You can turn it off from it's Icon where the Extensions are at top of the browser by pausing it. You can go to Options --> add-ons and disable it.

If you are getting this type of ad I do not think it is the cause of Ghostery. Please run : https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ and also : https://www.adlice.com/download/roguekiller/ Portable

Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.

You can try this out if feel like it : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/malwarebytes/ Note : it does block 3rd party cookies which can break some sites. You can turn that off if needed.