Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Need clearer information about system requirements

dchris

I'm running Firefox 43.0.1 on 32-bit Windows XP SP3 without any problem. Firefox keeps nudging me to update to 44.0.2, but system requirements for that version specify Windows XP SP2. I'm not clear whether SP2 is the minimum required, or if it means SP3 isn't supported.

If it turns out SP3 is NOT supported and I can no longer update Firefox, is there any way to turn off notifications about updating?

I'm running Firefox 43.0.1 on 32-bit Windows XP SP3 without any problem. Firefox keeps nudging me to update to 44.0.2, but system requirements for that version specify Windows XP SP2. I'm not clear whether SP2 is the minimum required, or if it means SP3 isn't supported. If it turns out SP3 is NOT supported and I can no longer update Firefox, is there any way to turn off notifications about updating?

Toate răspunsurile (2)

I am sure it means SP2 as a minimum, and I know for fact SP3 works as I have Firefox on such an XP.

You should update to Fx44 and in a few days time Fx45.

The system requirements page mentions the minimum for each of the OS's. When it says WinXP SP2 it means SP2 and newer which is SP3. Same with Windows 8 it means 8.0 and 8.1.

It is best to have SP3 to be more secure on WinXP which has been EOL life since April 2014.

The reason you were served 43.0.1 when you downloaded Firefox is because 43.0.2 and newer setups on Windows is signed now in which you need WinXP SP3 to install. Since the web browser useragents on WinXP does not show if they have SP2 or SP3 installed it was decided to serve a Firefox version WinXP users can install and then update to current Release from.