Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pesquisar no site de suporte

Evite golpes de suporte. Nunca pedimos que você ligue ou envie uma mensagem de texto para um número de telefone, ou compartilhe informações pessoais. Denuncie atividades suspeitas usando a opção “Denunciar abuso”.

Saiba mais
Esta discussão foi arquivada. Faça uma nova pergunta se precisa de ajuda.
Solved Arquivado

Thunderbird hangs when opened and does not respond. (win7)

Therevmom

When I open Thunderbird, the window is non responsive. Some history: First my calendar disappeared. I uninstalled and reinstalled lightening and it still did not return. Then everything froze. I left it for 2 hours to let it resolve itself. Nothing. I restarted Thunderbird. Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat.

So, I uninstalled Thunderbird, copied my user profile to another location, deleted the folder and all remnants of Thunderbird, and did a fresh install from the latest exe download. Then I migrated my old profile into the new install. When I opened the new install, it froze.

Windows 7 pro.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

When I open Thunderbird, the window is non responsive. Some history: First my calendar disappeared. I uninstalled and reinstalled lightening and it still did not return. Then everything froze. I left it for 2 hours to let it resolve itself. Nothing. I restarted Thunderbird. Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat. So, I uninstalled Thunderbird, copied my user profile to another location, deleted the folder and all remnants of Thunderbird, and did a fresh install from the latest exe download. Then I migrated my old profile into the new install. When I opened the new install, it froze. Windows 7 pro. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Alterado por Wayne Mery em

Todas as respostas (8)

Addition: Thunderbird will not start in SafeMode....

Solução escolhida

Start *Windows'* safe mode with networking enabled - win7 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-7

Still In Windows safe mode, start thunderbird in safe mode - https://support.mozilla.org/kb/safe-mode-thunderbird

Does problem go away?

Thank you Wayne Mery, for your reply.

Thunderbird will open in safe mode while windows is in safe mode. It will also open in regular mode while windows is in safe mode.

Whick leads me to ask, if the issue is with Windows, why does it not effect my other software? hmmm.

Suggestions on how to solve this? I need my email!!

When I restart in windows regular mode, the problems return to the situation explained initially.

24 hours later: I have expanded the RAM in the machine from 4 GB to 16. I can now open TB in safemode. In so doing, I find that while "sorted" email is still in folders, none of the "Inbox" remains, and all of the filters which previously sorted the incoming mail exist.

When I have time, I will re-enable one add on at a time until find which one is causing it to hang....

Alterado por Therevmom em

And, the answer is......

Lightning.

Interesting. You have many calendars? Many repeating appointments?

I have four calendars, and many repeating events. I limit the sync to 1 week back and 12 months forward. It looks like I may need to lighten that.

I've been doing these calendars for 3 years and never had a problem before, however. So I'm looking at the Lightning updates to see if perhaps it's related to something there.

But... I've got my email interface back! Thanks for your assistance!

feel fre to file a bug at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi