Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Otwarte

As of August 1st, 2026 Microsoft window no longer offers "sign in with password"

intanet

This just happened today. I'm using Windows 7 and Thunderbird version 115.18.0 (32-bit) . No settings have been changed and, there have been no problems signing in to my accounts until today. (I have a few accounts handled by Tbird.) The Microsoft sign in window comes up for me to sign in but there is no longer an option to sign in with your password so, I can't sign in and use my accounts in Tbird. I did click on "other ways to sign in" but no "sign in with password" there either.

Thanks for your help,

P.S. Wow. Crazy stuff. I closed Tbird and reopened it and, the previous Microsoft sign in window came up with the option to: "sign in with password". I am assuming it was fixed by restarting Tbird. Anyhow, "back i business" again.

This just happened today. I'm using Windows 7 and Thunderbird version 115.18.0 (32-bit) . No settings have been changed and, there have been no problems signing in to my accounts until today. (I have a few accounts handled by Tbird.) The Microsoft sign in window comes up for me to sign in but there is no longer an option to sign in with your password so, I can't sign in and use my accounts in Tbird. I did click on "other ways to sign in" but no "sign in with password" there either. Thanks for your help, P.S. Wow. Crazy stuff. I closed Tbird and reopened it and, the previous Microsoft sign in window came up with the option to: "sign in with password". I am assuming it was fixed by restarting Tbird. Anyhow, "back i business" again.

Zmodyfikowany przez intanet w dniu

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (1)

Solution (at least I hope so:)

OK so yesterday when I closed Tbird and reopened it, the old Microsoft sign into account window came up and I was able to use my password. But the next day (today), the problem happened again (the Microsoft window with no option to "sign in with password" came up again) . So today, I once again clicked on "Other ways to sign in" (I think that's what it's called) at the bottom of the screen. I did that yesterday but nothing seemed to apply on face value but today in desperation, I selected each option. The: "Sign in with git hub" was the one. When I clicked that option, the usual Microsoft window came up with the option to "sign in with password" . Something new I guess? Anyhow, hope this helps anyone else having this problem.

Zmodyfikowany przez intanet w dniu

Zadaj pytanie

Aby odpowiadać na posty, musisz zalogować się na swoje konto. Zadaj pytanie, jeśli nie masz jeszcze konta.