Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Rozwiązane Zarchiwizowany

Search engines

WDMc

I just upgraded to Monterey on my Mac running FF 101.0.1 (64-bit). I cannot add new search engines to my list of search engines. I'm trying to add DuckDuckGo without success. I have Google, Bing and Startpage. I click on Find More Search Engines, select and add DuckDuckGo but while it appears as an extension it does not appear in the list of search engines.

I just upgraded to Monterey on my Mac running FF 101.0.1 (64-bit). I cannot add new search engines to my list of search engines. I'm trying to add DuckDuckGo without success. I have Google, Bing and Startpage. I click on Find More Search Engines, select and add DuckDuckGo but while it appears as an extension it does not appear in the list of search engines.
Przeczytaj tę odpowiedź w całym kontekście

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Hi WDMc, DuckDuckGo is pre-installed with Firefox. We'll need some more info about your Firefox setup. Could you please follow the instructions in the following video to provide your troubleshooting information: https://youtu.be/8wKSowxEcbw

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (4)

Thanks Dropa but this did not solve my problem. My issue is specific to DuckDuckGo. I tried adding the DuckDuckGo engine from "Find More Search Engines" in Settings. DuckDuckGo was offered as an option and I installed the add-in. When I went back to the FF Settings it did not appear in the options. I restarted FF with the same result. I even restarted my Mac. No joy. I tried the other solutions in the link you sent but they did not work either. This is the settings menu after i added DuckDuckGo add-in from the find more search engines.

Thanks. I have emailed them.

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Hi WDMc, DuckDuckGo is pre-installed with Firefox. We'll need some more info about your Firefox setup. Could you please follow the instructions in the following video to provide your troubleshooting information: https://youtu.be/8wKSowxEcbw

If clearing the "Restore Default Search Engines" on the "Settings -> Search" page doesn't work, try to rename/remove search.json.mozlz4 in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed to rebuild the search engines registry.

You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).

Firefox will rebuild search.json.mozlz4 from the built-in search engines.