Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Opgelost Gearchiveerd

I can no longer type web addresses in the search bar.. Why not? Have my settings changed? Thanks

Rooster10

In the past I was able to start typing an address in the address bar starting with "www." then as i started typing the rest a list would appear of previously used web addresses. Also I could use the address bar to search for things. Neither of these is now possible and I have to open a new browser tab each time and perform a Google search. This is very frustrating. Can you help please? thanks. Simon

In the past I was able to start typing an address in the address bar starting with "www." then as i started typing the rest a list would appear of previously used web addresses. Also I could use the address bar to search for things. Neither of these is now possible and I have to open a new browser tab each time and perform a Google search. This is very frustrating. Can you help please? thanks. Simon

Bewerkt door cor-el op

Alle antwoorden (6)

Gekozen oplossing

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web Link} by holding down the <Shift>
(Mac=Options)
key, and then starting Firefox. A small dialog should appear. Click Start In Safe Mode (not Refresh).

Is the problem still there?

Do you have a search engine selected in "Options/Preferences -> Search"?

Rooster10 said

In the past I was able to start typing an address in the address bar starting with "www." then as i started typing the rest a list would appear of previously used web addresses. Also I could use the address bar to search for things. Neither of these is now possible and I have to open a new browser tab each time and perform a Google search. This is very frustrating. Can you help please? thanks. Simon

Rooster10 said

In the past I was able to start typing an address in the address bar starting with "www." then as i started typing the rest a list would appear of previously used web addresses. Also I could use the address bar to search for things. Neither of these is now possible and I have to open a new browser tab each time and perform a Google search. This is very frustrating. Can you help please? thanks. Simon

FredMcD said

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web Link} by holding down the <Shift>
(Mac=Options)
key, and then starting Firefox. A small dialog should appear. Click Start In Safe Mode (not Refresh). Is the problem still there?

That worked immediately - thanks v much FredMcD

It could be the work of one of your add-ons. Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; <Control>(Mac=<Command>)<Shift> A)

In the Add-ons Manager, on the left, select Extensions. Disable a few add-ons, then Restart Firefox.

Some added toolbar and anti-virus add-ons are known to cause Firefox issues. Disable All of them.

If the problem continues, disable some more (restarting FF). Continue until the problem is gone. After, you know what group is causing the issue. Re-enable the last group ONE AT A TIME (restarting FF) until the problem returns.

Once you think you found the problem, disable that and re-enable all the others, then restart again. Let us know who the suspect is, detective.