reinstalled moz.to get rid of "search here" now moz.blocks he proxify.com w/o being asked
Mozilla or someone placed the "search here" search engine. I tried various suggestions and got rid of it on all my computer sites EXCEPT Mozilla. So I uninstalled Mozilla and reinstalled. Now it has blocked access to proxify.com the only reason I use Mozilla. So whats up? how do unblock it?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
The original Mozilla Firefox installer doesn't include the particular search engine. You can right-click the Mozilla Firefox installer > Properties > Digital Signatures and verify that it says Mozilla Corporation. If the search engine got installed via an external Windows program, you can try to reset Firefox and start afresh.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!