Since downloading firefox 3.6.8 google earth "freezes".Reverted to 3.6.7 but earth still freezes.followed advice to clear earth cache,but it won't clear.what to do now?
Since downloading firefox 3.6.8.Google Earth freezes.Reverted back to 3.6.7. Earth still freezes. I uninstalled Earth and reloaded it.but it made no difference.Followed instructions to clear Earth cache,but it wouldn't clear.What to do?
Every time Firefox opened
== After downloading firefox 3.6.8
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100713 Firefox/3.6.7 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
I'm not sure if this can be related on here with Firefox but I have had a problem with Google Earth and the program 'Freezing' even after many attempts via DirectX or Open Gl modes. In the end I went to my main 'Firewall' program and thoroughly scanned all the various applications within the firewall program itself. I found this which cleared the freezing!! Namely: Arrive at a list of Authorised or Blocked applications within APPLICATION BLOCKINGS. Once in and the list has settled scroll down and highlight Google Earth AND allow any logging [yes] plus making sure that 'Full Access' is functional. Then click on 'advanced settings' for Google Earth and when in Advanced setting [General] allow any 'options' available to you like: Modify other Applications, Control other Applications, Modify and Control system and DNS Resolve. Click OK. & Exit firewall. This example is from my FIREWALL PC Tools Firewall Plus... Good luck!