Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Why sync servers keep deleted records placeholders??

xChris

It seems the sync server is keeping deleted passwords record placeholders ... for ever?? what is the point of this? User tracking?

he same with the credit card records BUT not eg bookmarks.

(server records as I can see using the about:sync extension..)

thanks for any help..

It seems the sync server is keeping deleted passwords record placeholders ... for ever?? what is the point of this? User tracking? he same with the credit card records BUT not eg bookmarks. (server records as I can see using the about:sync extension..) thanks for any help..

All Replies (1)

Thanks for the explanation, some issue is I had to do "wipe clients" some times as the pass records there still had credentials, now are more likely:

{

 "id": "{XXXXXXXXXX-ZZZZ-YYYY-XXXX-ZZZZZZZZZZZZ}",
 "deleted": true

}

(those are marked as tombstones)

Weird is that I did that action at the past ("wipe clients" , as the extension explain that is "Wiping an engine removes data from the server. It does not remove local data...." ) till there was nothing on the server (zero records of them)

I read that only solution is to delete my FF account then recreate one would be nice to have a "nuke/purge my server sync data" option on the account.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.