Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Can't get to website becuase of Security Warning (Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead, SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN).

wmboyd

When I go to a business website (Arrow.com) I get this message (see question). When I look at the certificate it is from a different business's website (Digikey.com). I use both websites often.

When I go to a business website (Arrow.com) I get this message (see question). When I look at the certificate it is from a different business's website (Digikey.com). I use both websites often.

All Replies (6)

Chosen Solution

There is security software like Avast, Kaspersky, BitDefender and ESET that intercept secure connection certificates and send their own.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-cant-load-websites-other-browsers-can

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-and-other-browsers-cant-load-websites

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/secure-connection-failed-error-message

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/connection-untrusted-error-message

Websites don't load - troubleshoot and fix error messages

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

What do the security warning codes mean


  • MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_MITM_DETECTED
  • uses an invalid security certificate SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
  • configured their website improperly

How to troubleshoot the error code "SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER" on secure websites https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Thank you for your help. Yes, I am using ESET AV and will follow that lead.

One other thing - It only happens sometimes. If I reboot usually I don't have a problem.

But it comes back, yes?

Yes, after a reboot, it will work for a while. I haven't figured out what triggers ESet to later report the security risk.

You should contact ESet support.