Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I get a "unable to find the proxy server" when trying to access http (non-https) sites. Help! I need to use my proxy server..

OBH1

I cannot connect to http sites when using my proxy. This just happened over the last three or four days. I have updated to the most current Firefox and am using a MacBook Pro. I have to use my proxy.

I cannot connect to http sites when using my proxy. This just happened over the last three or four days. I have updated to the most current Firefox and am using a MacBook Pro. I have to use my proxy.

All Replies (1)

Type about:preferences#advanced<enter> in the address bar.

Under Advanced, Select Network. Look for Configure How Firefox Connects and press the Settings button. Check the settings.