Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

not able to copy text from pdf preview in firefox 25

sriharshasavanur

Hi, I am using the Firefox 25 version, and i open a PDF in the browser, but i am not able to copy the content from the PDF opened in the browser. Is there is any settings to allow to copy the text when the PDF is opened in the browser ? kindly provide your opinion and solution.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I am using the Firefox 25 version, and i open a PDF in the browser, but i am not able to copy the content from the PDF opened in the browser. Is there is any settings to allow to copy the text when the PDF is opened in the browser ? kindly provide your opinion and solution. Thank you in advance.

All Replies (2)

I do not believe there is. I think it is the setting of the pdf itself not Firefox. Also i suggest you update, it is possible you cant copy paste due to this. Not only that but other issue could be going on.

(Firefox is currently on version 35.0.1)

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web Link} by holding down the <Shift (Mac Options) > key, and then starting Firefox. Is the problem still there?