Showing questions for topic:

when/why did mozilla quit putting https:// in the address bar?

Using FF 140.10.1 esr on a windows pc I noticed (probably long after the fact and numerous updates) that there's no longer https:// in the address bar. Having some recen… (read more)

Using FF 140.10.1 esr on a windows pc I noticed (probably long after the fact and numerous updates) that there's no longer https:// in the address bar. Having some recent issues with security made me look for this.

When I switched to Edge, the https:// was in the adddresses I was using. There is a lock symbol, but the locks seem to change in their appearance from one browser or website to the next.

Was this verification sign removed and, if so, why?  

Thank you.

Open 2 70

Request to enable X25519MLKEM768 on detectportal.firefox.com for improved privacy

Dear Mozilla Team, I kindly ask you to add support for the X25519MLKEM768 hybrid post-quantum key exchange to the domain detectportal.firefox.com (the URL used by Firefox… (read more)

Dear Mozilla Team,

I kindly ask you to add support for the X25519MLKEM768 hybrid post-quantum key exchange to the domain detectportal.firefox.com (the URL used by Firefox connection testing). This small change would significantly strengthen privacy protection for millions of users who rely on Firefox's connection test URL. As you know, this mechanism has already been successfully implemented on almost all of your other domains. Extending the same protection to detectportal.firefox.com would ensure consistency and close the remaining gap. Thank you very much for your ongoing work on privacy and post-quantum cryptography. I would greatly appreciate your attention to this request. Best regards, Anonymous

Open 2 90

Failed to create the PKCS 12 backup file for unknown reasons

Hello Folks, I just importeda a new certificate. Then I wanted to save all my certificates for backup. Selecting "Backup all...", I neter a secure password and click ok j… (read more)

Hello Folks, I just importeda a new certificate. Then I wanted to save all my certificates for backup. Selecting "Backup all...", I neter a secure password and click ok just to get the following error message: Failed to create the PKCS #12 backup file for unknown reasons the only button is "OK"

How can I start finding out what is going on and is there any means to save my certificates?

Archived 2 140

i couldn't access my openai account on firefox as it says "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified."

Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to chatgpt.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_E… (read more)

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to chatgpt.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

   The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
   Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more… this is what it says when i try to access

Archived 2 211

Cannot access my broadband router using Firefox?

My broadband router set ip address is not secure as it's HTTP What is the solution to able me to access my home router via Wifi in the same location of course which is at… (read more)

My broadband router set ip address is not secure as it's HTTP What is the solution to able me to access my home router via Wifi in the same location of course which is at home?

Archived 1 350

Does PQC algorithm for session key sharing supported by Firefox ?

Hello everyone, I am using Firefox latest release (eg 145.0.1). At https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/post-quantum-cryptography/pqc-support/ , it seems that X25519MLKE… (read more)

Hello everyone,

I am using Firefox latest release (eg 145.0.1).

At https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/post-quantum-cryptography/pqc-support/ , it seems that X25519MLKEM768 is supported since Firefox 132. Do you confirm ?

I ask this question because when I am connecting to https://pq.cloudflareresearch.com/ and activate the network tab before reaching this URL, and looked at the security tab on the right bottom panel, as you can see in the screenshot attached, in the Exchange group keys, I see x25519 and not x25519mlkem768 meaning that Firefox is not PQC ready for key establishment :-(

Best Regards.

Solved Archived 1 436

HTTPS no longer appears in Firefox address bar but it does appear in Edge

Hi, I used to see the HTTPS designation in the Firefox address bar, but no longer see it lately. It does appear in the Edge address bar. I do appreciate your help. … (read more)

Hi, I used to see the HTTPS designation in the Firefox address bar, but no longer see it lately. It does appear in the Edge address bar.

I do appreciate your help.

Archived 1 140

My mobile package site shows mixed-content warnings on Firefox — how can I fix this?

My mobile package site shows mixed-content warnings on Firefox — how can I fix this? Hello everyone, I run a website, which provides information about mobile phone prices… (read more)

My mobile package site shows mixed-content warnings on Firefox — how can I fix this? Hello everyone, I run a website, which provides information about mobile phone prices and SIM packages in Bangladesh. Recently, I noticed that when users visit some pages in Firefox, the browser shows a “mixed-content” warning or blocks certain scripts. The same pages load fine in Chrome. All my URLs use HTTPS, and I’m using a LiteSpeed server with Cloudflare CDN. Could this issue be related to how Firefox handles external resources (like embedded operator banners or analytics scripts)? What’s the best way to debug and fix mixed-content problems in Firefox Developer Tools? Any detailed guidance or best practices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Archived 1 292

Security block on Firefox attempt to reach Pittsburgh Pirates

I am using Firefox version 140.4.0esr (64bit) Only on Firefox: when trying to connect with Pirates' web page, I have a block which reads: Security Connection Failed - n… (read more)

I am using Firefox version 140.4.0esr (64bit) Only on Firefox: when trying to connect with Pirates' web page, I have a block which reads:

Security Connection Failed - no common encription algorithems      Error Code: ssl_error_no_cypher overlap

To The Official Site of The Pittsburgh Pirates/pirates.com:Homepage

I have tried to contact them with no luck.

Can you help?

Thanks,

David Martin ([edited email from public community support forum])

Archived 1 270

[Resolved] SSLKEYLOGFILE not write on Windows

I downloads Firefox, Firefox Nightly, Firefox Developer. All edition not write SSLKEYLOG to file. I set the SSLKEYLOGFILE env. How to enable ssl key log file? … (read more)

I downloads Firefox, Firefox Nightly, Firefox Developer.

All edition not write SSLKEYLOG to file.

I set the SSLKEYLOGFILE env.

How to enable ssl key log file?

Archived 1 281

How to stop DoH going around my pihole network dns filter

Hi guys, Had Firefox as network default browser for decades. Now I have a problem with my DNS pihole filter, firefox just goes around it. I've read countless articles on … (read more)

Hi guys, Had Firefox as network default browser for decades. Now I have a problem with my DNS pihole filter, firefox just goes around it. I've read countless articles on how to stop this, I've tried DoH 0 and DoH 5, I've placed a file policies.json in a distribution folder. I've tied everything I can find on the net. Nothing and I do mean nothing, had the slightest effect. Firefox goes around whatever I try.

I've spent many, many hours on this please tell me how to kill this, I'm forced to use another browser at the moment, which is painful.

version 142.0.1 64bit W11.

Thank you Bob.

Archived 1 110

Session resumption with session IDs TLS1.2

Hello community, I'm an embedded systems developer and we have a ressource constraint IOT device which is using TLS1.2. When we use https:// to access the internal websit… (read more)

Hello community, I'm an embedded systems developer and we have a ressource constraint IOT device which is using TLS1.2. When we use https:// to access the internal website of the device, Firefox does a complete TLS handshake for each asset to download which renders https:// almost unusable. This happens despite session resumption using session IDs is offered by the device. When accessing the device with Chrome or Edge there's only one handshake and all the following TLS sessions are resumed with the ID of the first handshake. In Firefox security.ssl.disable_session_identifiers is set to false.

Is it intended behaviour that Firefox ignores session IDs for TLS1.2?

Used Firefox version: 142.0 (64-Bit) Windows 11

Thanks in advance.

Johannes

Archived 3 321

not support for

Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to www.mofa.gov.sa. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: S… (read more)

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.mofa.gov.sa. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

   The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
   Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Archived 2 282

Tracking Protection blocks logging into Coventry Building Society bank

I recently encountered an issue when attempting to login to The Coventry Building Society website using Firefox (desktop PC & Windows 10):- https://www.coventrybuildi… (read more)

I recently encountered an issue when attempting to login to The Coventry Building Society website using Firefox (desktop PC & Windows 10):- https://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.uk/ It failed to display the page used to enter the one time passcode used for two factor authentication.

After looking on some forums I discovered this is because 'Strict' tracking protection was enabled. If I change to 'Custom' and uncheck 'Tracking Content' then things work as expected.

I also read on a forum that you can leave tracking protection set to 'Strict' but enter the URL for the problem website under 'Enhanced Tracking Protection -> Manage Exceptions'. I tried entering 'https://www.coventrybuildingsociety.co.uk/' Initially this appeared to work. However, when I tried it again the following day, the page failed to load as before. I had to change back from 'Strict' to 'Custom' and uncheck 'Tracking Content' once again. It's as if the exception URL is ignored in 'Strict' mode.

Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is supposed to work? Do I need to click on the shield icon (to the left of the padlock icon) and turn off 'Enhanced Tracking Protection' every time I visit the website?

Archived 20 282