This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How to delete desktop notifications from a provider I've used but never signed up for.
I'd sent my sister an e-card from 123 Greetings on March 2nd. I kept getting notifications in one of my email addresses. I opted out of it, but I've still been getting the desktop notifications. Even though I've contacted them about it several times, they're not much help. They left an address which took me to this area in Firefox & their instructions are very vague & don't make any sense. This is what I received to copy & paste, which is how I got here... about:preferences#privacy Then this... After the options open, scroll down a little and you will find the option notifications, beside that you will find settings option, click on the same, to find all the website you have allowed for receiving notifications from, choose the options accordingly.
There isn't a place to reverse this. Other than asking for help here, I know nothing else to do except to contact my State Attorney General. Thank you in advance for any potential help you can give me.
All Replies (1)
Hi, try to follow the following steps.
- Click the menu button ≡ and select Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security from the left pane.
- Scroll to the Permissions section.
- Click the Settings... button to the right of Notifications.
- Select Block from the Status drop-down for any of the websites.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Alternatively, you can:
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar on that website.
- Click the arrow in the Site Information drop-down panel.
- Click More information in the next panel to bring up the Page Info window.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Under Send Notifications, choose a notification option: Always Ask', Allow, or Block. If your choices are grayed out, deselect the Use Default checkbox.