Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
ღია

Firefox 157.0 and up, forgets where my saved images are.

ghot

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:156.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/156.0

Win 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 and Firefox 157.0 or higher.

This problem exists for me, in FF 157.0, FF 157.0.1, and FF 159.0a1


Never saw this issue before FF 157.0

I 'always' save my edited images to my desktop, prior to uploading them to a website. Doesn't matter what image editor I use.

MY problem is "uploading" those images to TenForums and ElevenForum. The upload dialog, before FF 157.0, would always look on the desktop for the image I wanted to upload.

Since FF 157.0... if I save anything to any drive, and then try to upload an image to a website like ElevenForum, the upload dialog will look for the image(s) on whatever drive I saved something to.

Workaround: I restart Firefox AND browse once to my desktop, where the image is located. Then it looks on my desktop every time for images I want to upload... ...UNTIL I save anything to any partition on my drives, then MY problem returns.


I see this problem when uploading images to elevenforum.com and tenforums.com Drag & Drop (in 11Forum), works fine, probably because when I drag & drop I'm declaring the file path automatically. I only see the problem in... Attach > and the upload dialog


This is very hard to explain. I export my bookmarks to F:\Bookmarks After doing that, instead of looking on my desktop where the images are, it looks for them in F:\Bookmarks.

If I save anything (like a text file), on any drive/partition... when I try to upload an image on my desktop to ElevenForum.com the upload dialog doesn't look for the image on my desktop.

I don't see this issue on FF 156.0.1 or any version before FF 157.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:156.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/156.0 Win 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 and Firefox 157.0 or higher. This problem exists for me, in FF 157.0, FF 157.0.1, and FF 159.0a1 Never saw this issue before FF 157.0 I 'always' save my edited images to my desktop, prior to uploading them to a website. Doesn't matter what image editor I use. MY problem is "uploading" those images to TenForums and ElevenForum. The upload dialog, before FF 157.0, would always look on the desktop for the image I wanted to upload. Since FF 157.0... if I save anything to any drive, and then try to upload an image to a website like ElevenForum, the upload dialog will look for the image(s) on whatever drive I saved something to. Workaround: I restart Firefox AND browse once to my desktop, where the image is located. Then it looks on my desktop every time for images I want to upload... ...UNTIL I save anything to any partition on my drives, then MY problem returns. I see this problem when uploading images to elevenforum.com and tenforums.com Drag & Drop (in 11Forum), works fine, probably because when I drag & drop I'm declaring the file path automatically. I only see the problem in... '''Attach > and the upload dialog''' This is very hard to explain. I export my bookmarks to F:\Bookmarks After doing that, instead of looking on my desktop where the images are, it looks for them in F:\Bookmarks. If I save anything (like a text file), on any drive/partition... when I try to upload an image on my desktop to ElevenForum.com the upload dialog doesn't look for the image on my desktop. I don't see this issue on FF 156.0.1 or any version before FF 157.0

ყველა პასუხი (2)

Just upgraded to Firefox 157.0.1 again...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:157.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/157.0

This sounds like https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077656

There were some security patches around access to directories across the system(s).

Seems the fix will ship in v159.0 in a couple of weeks and is already available for testing in Nightly 159.0a1 from 20261008094336 and later.

დასვით კითხვა

უნდა შეხვიდეთ ანგარიშზე პასუხის დასაწერად. გთხოვთ, დასვათ ახალი შეკითხვა, თუ ჯერ არ გაქვთ ანგარიში.