Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
ღია

A problem with sending attachments with an email

Thomas J Macciaro

Good morning,

I am requesting assistance for a recent problem I have encountered sending attachments with email messages I am sending. There is no problem with sending the message itself. And have noticed no problems with receiving messages. When I attempt to send an attachment with a message I am sending, a click on the "attach" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the email screen, provides no response. I didn't notice a problem with this function in past weeks.

I appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Tom Macciaro

Good morning, I am requesting assistance for a recent problem I have encountered sending attachments with email messages I am sending. There is no problem with sending the message itself. And have noticed no problems with receiving messages. When I attempt to send an attachment with a message I am sending, a click on the "attach" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the email screen, provides no response. I didn't notice a problem with this function in past weeks. I appreciate your assistance. Thank you. Tom Macciaro

ყველა პასუხი (1)

This is a recently discovered bug. The symptom is that if you previously attached a file, but the previous folder now no longer exists because it was deleted or renamed, when you later try to attach a file using the Write window's "Attach" button, it will silently fail. That is, clicking the button will appear to do nothing. The bug should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, a workaround is to drag-and-drop the file onto the Write window.

Or, if you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings:

- In <Settings | General | Config Editor> search for: "mail.compose.attach.dir".

- The value (path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:\).

- Close and exit Thunderbird, then restart it (this step might not be necessary.)

დასვით კითხვა

უნდა შეხვიდეთ ანგარიშზე პასუხის დასაწერად. გთხოვთ, დასვათ ახალი შეკითხვა, თუ ჯერ არ გაქვთ ანგარიში.