Showing questions for topic:

Firefox just updated and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings.

Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but con… (続きを読む)

Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but continue to open in browser. I even tried to set it to open in Adobe still opens in my browser.

Open 1

Firefox update of 30 September 2026

So PDF's can no longer be set to open in Adobe, but it now requires clicking before the document opens in Adobe. No setting whatsoever can change this. Is this a permanen… (続きを読む)

So PDF's can no longer be set to open in Adobe, but it now requires clicking before the document opens in Adobe. No setting whatsoever can change this. Is this a permanent setting? Will have to move to another browser now. What a hassle. Got to move bookmarks, set up home pages etc. Ugh. Bey Firefox....

Open 6

Firefox Automatically Opens Print Preview When Opening a PPT/PDF

I am experiencing an issue with Firefox where the Print Preview window automatically opens whenever I open my PPT/PDF file in Firefox. As shown in the attached screenshot… (続きを読む)

I am experiencing an issue with Firefox where the Print Preview window automatically opens whenever I open my PPT/PDF file in Firefox.

As shown in the attached screenshot, Firefox immediately displays the Print panel instead of simply opening the document for viewing. I have to manually click Cancel or press Esc every time.

I did not intentionally select the Print option, and I would like Firefox to open the document normally without automatically launching Print Preview.

Could you please investigate this issue and let me know how I can prevent the Print Preview window from opening automatically?

Latest version of Firefox Windows 11 26H5

Open

When viewing PDFs, Tool dropdown menu is now longer and overflows needing a scroll.

Version 157.0 (64bit) has updated and resizing has caused issues. Previously, on my laptop screen, when I was viewing pdfs in browser I would navigate to the Tools dropdo… (続きを読む)

Version 157.0 (64bit) has updated and resizing has caused issues. Previously, on my laptop screen, when I was viewing pdfs in browser I would navigate to the Tools dropdown and view the document properties at the very bottom of the dropdown. Before the update, all of the menu items fit without needing to scroll (when the window was fullscreen). Now, i must scroll in the dropdown to access Document Properties. The update resized the menu, making it longer and now it overflows. Please consider resizing back to original size or allowing users to adjust the dropdown menu.

Open

It seems like field entry in PDFs for dates cannot be changed?

When filling forms using the nightly build `148.0a1` on ubuntu 24.04, all date fields seem to default to `mm/dd/yyyy` when I want to use `dd.mm.yyyy`. I cannot seem to fi… (続きを読む)

When filling forms using the nightly build `148.0a1` on ubuntu 24.04, all date fields seem to default to `mm/dd/yyyy` when I want to use `dd.mm.yyyy`. I cannot seem to find anywhere in firefox settings to change this default, and this makes it impossible to fill some forms correctly (as in the case of e.g. government forms in Germany, only one date format is accepted)

Open 1

Macos opening multiple pdf files

When I set Firefox as my default pdf viewer and click in Macos Finder to open multiple files nothing happens. Clicking on one file it opens it fine. Used the "Troublesho… (続きを読む)

When I set Firefox as my default pdf viewer and click in Macos Finder to open multiple files nothing happens. Clicking on one file it opens it fine. Used the "Troubleshoot menu" to disable extensions and disable custom settings, same behavior. At one point I disabled "hardware acceleration" and it actually worked. Then it stopped working, not sure why. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Open

I've tried all the options offered and none of them work. The "Report Broken Site" in settings is grayed out.

The "Report Broken Site" is grayed out in Firefox. I tried all the fixes offered in Firefox. I checked my data settings in Firefox to make sure that Mozilla was included… (続きを読む)

The "Report Broken Site" is grayed out in Firefox. I tried all the fixes offered in Firefox. I checked my data settings in Firefox to make sure that Mozilla was included and could receive data. I cleared my history. I restarted my computer. No help. I restarted Firefox. I cleared my history. I restarted my computer. No help. I replaced Firefox. I restarted my computer. I cleared my history. No help. I tried the fixes offered on Google. I cleared my history. I restarted my computer. No help. Nothing seems to be working. Is there any help out there?

This is what I get on the Chase site in question when I look to see my statement. @ secure.chase.com/web/auth/pdfviewer?docKey=21743136-8056-4785-a682-0fd001b36caf&sor=STAR_MS&adaVersion=false&csrftoken=fdaab518f892e949fe5eef858b07f7eb 3 The page where the statement is supposed to be visible is blank.

It downloads the statement instead. I have been able to see the statement online previously, but now I can't. Would like to be able to see it.

Open 1

Poor signature image quality in PDFs in FF

I am happy that FF has added great PDF capabilities. I have a problem with signatures. When I add my signature as an image, the result is a very poor resolution / quality… (続きを読む)

I am happy that FF has added great PDF capabilities. I have a problem with signatures. When I add my signature as an image, the result is a very poor resolution / quality signature image. Adobe Reader inserts the signature as a very high resolution / quality image.

Is there any update / solution to this? FYI I am using the same signature image but FF makes it BW and poor quality while Adobe Reader maintains the color and resolution.

Open 8 1 40

Saving PDF's last read position

Is there a setting in Firefox where any PDF's last read position is saved? If not, will this feature be available in the future? Note: Edge browser has this feature. … (続きを読む)

Is there a setting in Firefox where any PDF's last read position is saved? If not, will this feature be available in the future? Note: Edge browser has this feature.

Open 1

PDFs not displaying properly until refreshed

Starting 2 or 3 days ago, Firefox began displaying PDFs incorrectly. The problem is that a single letter is omitted here and there. In the attached screenshots, the fir… (続きを読む)

Starting 2 or 3 days ago, Firefox began displaying PDFs incorrectly. The problem is that a single letter is omitted here and there. In the attached screenshots, the first one shows the word. "Department" with amissing letter "t" in the middle. After refreshing the screen, the PDF displays correctly, as shown in the second screenshot.

This is occurring on a Mac; it does not seem to occur on a Windows desktop machine.

I am running Firefox Desktop 155.1 on MacOS Monterey 12.7.6.

Open

PDF render error. What's worse, google chrome don't have same problem.

using obsidian and write codes like: ```markdown This text can't show properly in Firefox, but can shown properly in Chrome browswer.: > [!info] > This text can't … (続きを読む)

using obsidian and write codes like:

```markdown

This text can't show properly in Firefox, but can shown properly in Chrome browswer.:


> [!info] > This text can't show properly in Firefox, but can shown properly in Chrome browswer. ```

set the font as `souce han serif song cn vf`

then export pdf, using Firefox default pdf viewer can render properly, worse, google chorme can render it properly.

All browsers are up to date. Windows 11.

Open 1