When will an ESR version of Thunderbird with Microsoft Graph support be available
I have had messages about EWS support being ended from 1st October from the Beonex ExQuilla Add-On which I have been using for many years.
So I installed Beonex's new Owl Add-On which supports Microsoft Graph Protocol and migrated my Email accounts. However, this just renamed my existing account with "Old" at the end and created new ones which cannot connect!
The IT provider for the Email Domain will not allow the Owl Beonex App to connect, despite the ExQuilla one being used for many years!
They have now pointed out that Thunderbird natively supports the Microsoft Graph Protocol from Release 154. BUT I am on the ESR channel (as I need stable Email handling) and the latest ESR Release is 153.4.0esr!
So when will an ESR be released with Graph Support, as Microsoft could stop me being able to receive and send Emails any day as it is now past 1st October???? - Please let me know your timeline for the next ESR with Graph support A.S.A.P.
I do not want to install a non-ESR as I see that the latest Release 157.0.1 fixed a bug with the Graph protocol and 155.0 streamlined the manual account configuration. So I want stick with stable releases!
Also, do I have to add new accounts to use Microsoft Graph, or can I just change the configuration of my existing ones?
If the former, then I guess once I am happy I have all old Emails available (as I rely on Emails going back many years!), I can delete the original Accounts from Thunderbird, including the non-working " Old" ones created by the ExQuilla to Owl migration????
Thanks
すべての返信 (3)
153 esr does not and will not support Microsoft Graph Protocol. You'll have to migrate to 154 and up to use M.G.P.
https://blog.thunderbird.net/2026/09/thunderbird-desktop-new-protocol-support-microsoft-graph-api/
Michel, thanks for replying.
However, as per my question, I know that MGP is not available before release 154.
What I am asking is when will there be an ESR release that includes MGP?
I really would prefer to stick with stable ESR releases, but if it will take too long may have to install a non-ESR release whilst I am waiting if EWS access to my Email accounts is stopped by Microsoft!
Supplementary question - If I do need to use a non-ESR release, which would be most stable? - Given that 157.0.1 has a bug fix relevant to Graph, I am guessing that at least that release????
Thunderbird ESR adds new feature(s) only once a year. If MGP will be added it would be added likely in July 2027.
この投稿は Michel T により