Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
Open

VPN limit not resetting after end of month

mgh2407

My Firefox VPN is still showing as nearing my limit, despite it now being October everywhere in the world. Why hasn't it reset to 50GB? I've tried restarting Firefox and it didn't make any difference. It still shows "Getting close to your VPN limit. You have 2.2GB of 50GB left this month."

My Firefox VPN is still showing as nearing my limit, despite it now being October everywhere in the world. Why hasn't it reset to 50GB? I've tried restarting Firefox and it didn't make any difference. It still shows "Getting close to your VPN limit. You have 2.2GB of 50GB left this month."
添付されたスクリーンショット

すべての返信 (8)

It still hasn't reset despite Mozilla's claim that the free VPN limit resets on the first of every month. It's 3pm on the 3rd October where I am and it's clearly not working as claimed.

Please fix it.

Hi mgh2407,

You're right that the current Mozilla Support documentation says the built-in Firefox VPN's 50 GB allowance resets at the start of each calendar month.

Since it is now October 3 and your allowance is still showing only 2.2 GB remaining, that does not match the documented behaviour.

Could you tell us which version of Firefox you are using and which operating system you are on? If possible, also try signing out of your Mozilla account and signing back in, then check the VPN panel again.

If it still shows the September usage after that, this may be a server-side issue with the usage counter rather than something that can be fixed through a Firefox setting. In that case, I would report it to Mozilla so they can investigate the account's VPN usage data.

A thought, a small possibility is this could be due to your system date/time being off in being wrong as it could still be set on a September date?.

So:

latest version of Firefox running on the latest version of OSX (Firefox 157.0 on OSX Golden Gate 27.0.1)

My time is set from NTP servers, so unless they're out mine shouldn't be - and I read the date and time from the computer when I created my posts.

Signing out and back in didn't help - and it still hasn't reset 4 days into the month. I then realised I had it synched on two android devices, so signed out of all three and signed back in again. No change, and I never use the VPN on my android devices, only on the computer.

While signing in it showed a list of my sign-ins in Mozilla, which included Mozilla VPN 4 months ago, so I signed out of that as well.

Nothing seems to reset the VPN usage like the documentation says it should. *tearing hair out!*

Hi mgh2407,

Thanks for checking all of that. You’re using Firefox 157.0 on macOS, your system time is synchronised through NTP, and you’ve already signed out and back in on all of your devices. I don’t think there is anything else obvious to change locally.

Mozilla’s current documentation says that the built-in Firefox VPN’s 50 GB allowance resets at the start of each calendar month. Since it is now October 4 and your account is still showing the previous month’s balance, this looks more like an issue with the VPN usage counter or account data than with a Firefox setting on your Mac.

The next step would be to report this to Mozilla as a bug. Include your Firefox version, macOS version, the remaining 2.2 GB shown in the VPN panel, and the fact that signing out of all Mozilla account sessions did not reset the allowance. A screenshot of the VPN panel would also be useful.

Mozilla should then be able to check the usage data associated with your account and investigate why the monthly reset has not occurred.

Please go to about:config and check the value of browser.ipProtection.bandwidthResetDate.

TyDraniu said

Please go to about:config and check the value of browser.ipProtection.bandwidthResetDate.

It is 2026-11-01T00:00:00Z as you would expect. The usage hasn't reset to 50GB though, it's just kept counting down from October's.

Hi mgh2407,

That is useful. If browser.ipProtection.bandwidthResetDate is already set to 2026-11-01T00:00:00Z, Firefox is apparently calculating the next reset date correctly, but the actual usage allowance has not been reset.

Mozilla's documentation says the 50 GB allowance resets at the start of each calendar month, so what you're seeing does not match the documented behaviour.

I don't think there is much more to change locally at this point. Since you've already tried signing out on all devices and confirmed that your system clock is correct, I'd report this as a Firefox bug and include the value of that preference, your 2.2 GB remaining, and the fact that the counter continued into October.

It may also be worth mentioning that the reset-date preference itself is advancing to November even though the allowance did not reset, as that seems particularly useful information for whoever investigates it.

質問する

投稿に返信するには あなたのアカウントにログイン する必要があります。まだアカウントをお持ちでなければ、新しい質問を開始 してください。