Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
Open

How do I get rid of google search?

sonnyboy1

As of the last update, my search engine changed to google. I've disabled google search in tools and have yahoo listed as first and duck duck go as 2nd. Still, in the search bar, all I get is google as the search engine. I've tried all the 'fixes' I've found on the web and none have worked. There's not a way to get rid of google in the list Mozilla tools/search gives.

As of the last update, my search engine changed to google. I've disabled google search in tools and have yahoo listed as first and duck duck go as 2nd. Still, in the search bar, all I get is google as the search engine. I've tried all the 'fixes' I've found on the web and none have worked. There's not a way to get rid of google in the list Mozilla tools/search gives.
添付されたスクリーンショット

すべての返信 (3)

Mozilla tools ?

Do you mean > click on the three horizontal lines (Burger) then Settings > Search

I.e. there is no 'Tools' option

Also did you close Fx and Windows completely

Windows > Restart not Shut down

In settings/search. Yes, closing FF and when that didn't work, restart several times. Went back and tried maybe 4-5 more times, still nothing. No way to get rid of google. I have 2 start pages, protopage and start.me. It only happens on protopage. All was fine until the update 3-4 days ago. I was hoping today's update would fix the problem but no luck. On top of that now both start pages search engines are throwing in %20 after every word I type in search box AFTER I click enter. For example, I type in 'why is this happening? After clicking enter, it shows as why%20is%20this%20happening%3F.

Hi, check to see if you have a Google extension that's forcing its use. In my opinion, when you added the Yahoo search address, you probably had trouble typing it. Here it is: “https://fr.search.yahoo.com/search?q=%s.” Just enter that into the search URL field, and the problem will be solved.

質問する

投稿に返信するには あなたのアカウントにログイン する必要があります。まだアカウントをお持ちでなければ、新しい質問を開始 してください。