Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Migrate Tbird from one PC to another, e.g., duplicate it on both

Frank

Long time T-bird user. Recently switched from Beta to the standard version and am pleased. Copied the old Profile to the new installation like a dream using a thumb drive on 1st pc. I've done this many times over the years. This week? Not a chance!

I uninstalled the Beta from 2nd pc and installed the latest T-bird, the same version as the one on 1st pc installed 2 days earlier. When I copied the profile from 1st to 2nd, it said it couldn't find it. Uninstalled and re-installed T-bird several times. Copied the profiles over and over. No way! Something about the new version seems to be adverse to doing things the old way. I'm stumped. I have completely removed T-bird from 2nd pc and taking a break. May try going back to the Beta version and see what happens.

Thoughts?

Long time T-bird user. Recently switched from Beta to the standard version and am pleased. Copied the old Profile to the new installation like a dream using a thumb drive on 1st pc. I've done this many times over the years. This week? Not a chance! I uninstalled the Beta from 2nd pc and installed the latest T-bird, the same version as the one on 1st pc installed 2 days earlier. When I copied the profile from 1st to 2nd, it said it couldn't find it. Uninstalled and re-installed T-bird several times. Copied the profiles over and over. No way! Something about the new version seems to be adverse to doing things the old way. I'm stumped. I have completely removed T-bird from 2nd pc and taking a break. May try going back to the Beta version and see what happens. Thoughts?

すべての返信 (1)

As I understand it, the problem is in locating the profile from the beta to copy to the PC with standard release. The beta's settings are different, so I suggest these steps to identify the beta:

  1. click help>troubleshootinginformation in the beta
  2. scroll down to 'profile ' in left side, and click 'open folder'
  3. exit thunderbird, you are now in the beta, note the exact name and location.
  4. back up one folder and you can then copy the full profile