Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

How can I choose a default filename for files to be downloaded automatically?

narasimha14

I need the file to be saved automatically to a download directory with a default filename after I click on say "Save Image As...". Currently it opens a dialog to choose the directory and type in the filename. Is it possible to automate it to just download to some default directory with some filename without prompting me?

I need the file to be saved automatically to a download directory with a default filename after I click on say "Save Image As...". Currently it opens a dialog to choose the directory and type in the filename. Is it possible to automate it to just download to some default directory with some filename without prompting me?

すべての返信 (3)

You don't really want a default file name since you would be constantly nagged because your OS will conflict with other file in downloads folder. Either to overwrite or rename.

I am pretty sure if there is conflict it will resolve it by enumerating the filenames for ex, save it as filename (1), filename (2), etc? Moreover, my actual intention is to just save it automatically and I don't need to bother about typing anything in.

Did you try to change the download setting in "Options/Preferences > General"?