Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Cannot open PDF on Sciencedirect; page stays blank after clicking "View PDF", works fine in Edge.

3180779050

I am using Firefox 157.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10. When I browse papers on https://www.sciencedirect.com(https://www.sciencedirect.com) and click the "View PDF" button, the page that opens is completely blank. The same PDF loads normally in Microsoft Edge.

I have already tried troubleshooting steps: I cleared cookies for this website and disabled Enhanced Tracking Protection for [sciencedirect.com](https://sciencedirect.com), but the blank page issue still exists.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

I am using Firefox 157.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10. When I browse papers on [https://www.sciencedirect.com](https://www.sciencedirect.com) and click the "View PDF" button, the page that opens is completely blank. The same PDF loads normally in Microsoft Edge. I have already tried troubleshooting steps: I cleared cookies for this website and disabled Enhanced Tracking Protection for [sciencedirect.com](https://sciencedirect.com), but the blank page issue still exists. Thank you for your attention and assistance.
Nseta ihuenyo ndị agbakwunyere

All Replies (1)

Asịsa Ahọpụtara

Works for me.

Trying from sciencedirect.com/journal/alexandria-engineering-journal/vol/152/suppl/C — clicking on the first "Editorial Board" "View PDF" opens the URL similar to your screenshot which generates the access token most likely, and then redirects me to a separate storage location showing the PDF. There is apparently a combination of Cloudflare protections, Amazon access tokens, and referrer value necessary to pass, so consider what "privacy" addons you're using that may interfere with this site.

I'd recommend restarting into Troubleshoot Mode (from Help menu) first, and trying accessing the documents in a new Private Window for good measure.

Jụọ ajụjụ

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.