Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Cannot send or receive Emails using Thunderbird

Art Towslee

Using Thunderbird with Windows 11. Yesterday I could send/receive Emails OK. Today I cannot use either. Didn't change anything. When I try to send message, a box with this message appears: "Login to server smtp.gmail.com with username [redacted] @gmail.com failed". I am logged in to my Google account. A few months ago, the same thing happened. Gave up for the night and the next morning everything worked OK. Is Thunderbird occasionally out of service? I tried Microsoft Outlook and it works OK so I know internet is OK

Also, I notice receiving messages takes a long time sometimes. I get messages sometimes a full day later. Outlook is almost instantaneous. If I send a message to me, it is received within seconds. Any suggestions? Regards, Art Towslee [redacted] @gmail.com [redacted] (cell)



/edited email and phone# from public community support forum

Using Thunderbird with Windows 11. Yesterday I could send/receive Emails OK. Today I cannot use either. Didn't change anything. When I try to send message, a box with this message appears: "Login to server smtp.gmail.com with username [redacted] @gmail.com failed". I am logged in to my Google account. A few months ago, the same thing happened. Gave up for the night and the next morning everything worked OK. Is Thunderbird occasionally out of service? I tried Microsoft Outlook and it works OK so I know internet is OK Also, I notice receiving messages takes a long time sometimes. I get messages sometimes a full day later. Outlook is almost instantaneous. If I send a message to me, it is received within seconds. Any suggestions? Regards, Art Towslee [redacted] @gmail.com [redacted] (cell) /edited email and phone# from public community support forum

Edeziri site na James

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.