Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cari Bantuan

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Pelajari Lebih Lanjut
Open

Max number of windows / tabs

mm7979

Does FF have a maximum number of windows / tabs that can be open at one time? I use 12 workspaces each with multiple windows / tabs in them, roughly guessing ~100 windows and ~8-50 tabs per window

FF randomly hangs / crashes 1-3 times a day for me and has been for some time (over multiple revisions of FF; currently 157.0.1) requiring restarting FF

System: Large workstation, 128G memory, i9-7920x (12c / 24T) Linux, OpenSuSE Leap 15.6 FF source from FF repos, not OpenSuSE

Any settings I need to change to prevent the crashes?

Does FF have a maximum number of windows / tabs that can be open at one time? I use 12 workspaces each with multiple windows / tabs in them, roughly guessing ~100 windows and ~8-50 tabs per window FF randomly hangs / crashes 1-3 times a day for me and has been for some time (over multiple revisions of FF; currently 157.0.1) requiring restarting FF System: Large workstation, 128G memory, i9-7920x (12c / 24T) Linux, OpenSuSE Leap 15.6 FF source from FF repos, not OpenSuSE Any settings I need to change to prevent the crashes?

Semua Balasan (3)

There's not a number.

If you're running all the tabs as active, it's possible you just don't have enough resources — depending on what type of pages that is, or, in this amount of content, runaway scripts, GC/CC work, render leaks, addon overhead, userscripts etc. add up pretty quickly. (Not familiar with the specific desktop integrations, drivers and rendering for your distro and windowing environment.)

Did you inspect your content and extension consumption using Task Manager - see whether tabs or extensions are slowing down Firefox for the rough idea?

If you have actual crashes, the patterns could be visible there:

  1. Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A list of Submitted (and Unsubmitted, if any) Crash Reports will appear, similar to the one shown below.
  2. Copy the 5 most recent Submitted Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.

Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.

(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)

Fx115aboutcrashes

More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.

Thank you for the advise. I submitted the last 5 crash reports, here are the ID's: bp-b2d42d28-fe0a-4b36-af37-f4afc0261007 bp-b29a7e2d-e5a1-49aa-bdf3-c69d20261007 bp-908cc125-50fa-41c8-a1b9-420070261007 bp-57bce800-6eef-460f-b687-eb46f0261007 bp-e7e68496-58af-4596-aa6b-b45e20261007 bp-69de93a4-c213-4105-a13d-0cab20260715

I have looked at about:performance periodically in the past, however, I never see a window consuming a lot of CPU resources. Looking at an overall system monitor, the system (when not set to doing actual work but with all the FF windows open) has the CPU running a lazy 6-8% with GB's of memory still free. No other apps or browsers exhibit this behavior.

I prefer to use FF over other choices so I'm interested in possible fixes.

Appreciate your help!

OK I see this is not performance, resources are a plenty, and the crashes are basically about not being able to launch a (sub)process, or talk to it in lieu of IPC — looks like some rendering speedbump (Nvidia drivers? Image formats / HDR processing? Font rendering? … something like this).

I see there are basically three or four people on the planet crashing in the same spot, on different distros.

Can you for comparison try running in Troubleshoot Mode (from Help menu), for more conservative performance settings and skipping loading any extensions, to see if there's any difference?

Ajukan pertanyaan

Anda harus masuk ke akun Anda untuk membalas kiriman ini. Sila mulai pertanyaan baru, jika Anda belum memiliki akun.