Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cari Bantuan

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Pelajari Lebih Lanjut
Solved Diarsipkan

Why is Firefox rendering fonts all jagged and blocky, w/no anti-aliasing?

jaero

Running FF 29.01 on Windows 7. You can see the image linked below for a comparison of how browsers should render font and how my browser actually renders font. It is not a magnification issue. I've already installed the Anti-Aliasing Tuner extension. I've added the layout.paint_rects_separately boolean as well.

http://i.imgur.com/6kdcFok.png

Running FF 29.01 on Windows 7. You can see the image linked below for a comparison of how browsers should render font and how my browser actually renders font. It is not a magnification issue. I've already installed the Anti-Aliasing Tuner extension. I've added the layout.paint_rects_separately boolean as well. http://i.imgur.com/6kdcFok.png
Baca jawaban ini dalam konteks

Solusi Terpilih

Looks to me like ClearType is disabled. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-font-smoothing-windows

Does this only apply to Firefox? If so did you switch to a different font in Firefox settings?

Semua Balasan (4)

Try to create a new Boolean pref on the about:config page via the right-click context menu with the name layout.paint_rects_separately and set the value to true and leave hardware acceleration enabled.

From OP:

I've added the layout.paint_rects_separately boolean as well.

Another screenshot to illustrate the issue, if that helps:

http://i.imgur.com/SZZIrya.png

Diperbarui oleh jaero pada

Solusi Terpilih

Looks to me like ClearType is disabled. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-font-smoothing-windows

Does this only apply to Firefox? If so did you switch to a different font in Firefox settings?

That was absolutely it. Thank you.