Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Archiwowany

Pinned tab somehow opens as only tab in new window, how to revert?

humbug12

Somehow, I find that some unintended action causes an open standard or pinned tab to be removed from the existing browser window and then a new browser window opens with the removed tab as the only tab in the new window. I cannot work out how that situiation is arising, but I would like a way to revert that tab back to it's previous position.

Is that possible without manually recreating the tab in the pre-existing browser window?

Somehow, I find that some unintended action causes an open standard or pinned tab to be removed from the existing browser window and then a new browser window opens with the removed tab as the only tab in the new window. I cannot work out how that situiation is arising, but I would like a way to revert that tab back to it's previous position. Is that possible without manually recreating the tab in the pre-existing browser window?

Wšě wotmołwy (1)

Make sure that you do not drag a tab in the browser window.

Firefox 3.5 versions and later have a feature called tear-off tabs.
You can detach a tab from the current window and open it in a new window by dragging a tab in the browser window.
You can drag that tab back to the tab bar in the original window to undo that detaching.

bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab):