Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Archiwowany

In Firefox 4, entering a website name in the address bar only displays Google search results instead of taking me to the website. How do I fix this?

Hamstersniffer

After "upgrading" to Firefox 4, entering a website name in the address bar takes me to Google search results instead of the website. Example, I used to just type "firefox" in the address bar and go to the Mozilla Firefox homepage. Now I go to Google search results for firefox. Same with all websites. I downgraded to 3.6 and it works like it should. How can I fix this behavior in FF4?

After "upgrading" to Firefox 4, entering a website name in the address bar takes me to Google search results instead of the website. Example, I used to just type "firefox" in the address bar and go to the Mozilla Firefox homepage. Now I go to Google search results for firefox. Same with all websites. I downgraded to 3.6 and it works like it should. How can I fix this behavior in FF4?

Wšě wotmołwy (2)

Hi Hamstersniffer you can find your solution here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/805829#answer-160483

Thanks so much for the suggestion. The add-on extension is the easiest and safest way to fix this. I'm still dumbfounded as to why the developers thought this was a good idea. The only benefactor that I can see would be Google who gets more search hits. I'm looking at the browser and to the right is a "search" bar and to the left is an "address" bar. Common sense tells me that if i want to search I'll use the search bar and if I want to go to an address I'll use the address bar. Dum Da DumDum!