AOL setup on MX Linux... fails authentication
I have multiple email accounts on Thunderbird (on MX Linux)... att.net, gmail.com and aol.com
While traveling without my computer, i had to reset my aol password on my iphone.
Now that I'm back at my desk, and being unable to find how to change the aol password on Thunderbird, I deleted the AOL imap account and have tried much of today to add a new AOL account.
In the past, I could create an 'app password' within AOL (browser) and use that password in Thunderbird... but that is no longer working.
Any guidance/suggestions?
I am running the latest Thunderbird version 140.17.0esr (64-bit) available in my MX Linux.
Wšě wotmołwy (2)
I failed to add these details...
I enter my full name, email address (@aol.com) and app password.. Thunderbird finds the server configuration details... i verify everything looks correct, including imap.aol.com and smtp.aol.com and port numbers 993 / 465... SSL/TLS and OAuth2
When I click DONE, a new window opens showing AOL at the top and asking me to "Review Access Details" (AOL email read/write). I check the box to "agree to the OoenID and OAuth Terms and click NEXT... and the next screen says "Something Went Wrong...Try Again. If you're a developer, try submitting a different request"....
I haven't gotten a reinstallation of an AOL email account to work on Thunderbird (MX Linux 25.3), but I installed the EVOLUTION email app and added my email accounts and thus far, everything is working.
Maybe the latest version of Thunderbird on MX Linux 25.3 is no longer compatible with AOL authentication?