Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Wočinjeny

How can I change browser's fallback language?`

rsfilm

In my Settings, the browser's fallback language is set to Portuguese, without giving me any other language choice, nor leaving it blank. I assume this is the reason I keep seeing menus, notifications, etc., randomly popping up in Portuguese.

In my Settings, the browser's fallback language is '''set''' to Portuguese, without giving me any other language choice, nor leaving it blank. I assume this is the reason I keep seeing menus, notifications, etc., randomly popping up in Portuguese.

Wšě wotmołwy (6)

Hello,

To change your browser's fallback language in MacOS, go to menu > settings > . After that, scroll down to language and appearance, then under the language heading, click set alternatives. Next, look for browser language / fallback language then select your desired fallback language. After doing so, Restart Firefox to take full effect.

Hello there... Appreciate the quick reply. Those instructions/directions seem proper. Besides not having a "languages and appearances" option, but a separately "Languages" and "Appearance", my issue is that in "Browser Language" the "Fallback Language" is set in stone in Portuguese and without alternatives...

Fallback languages get populated from your previously used (or, default, downloaded) languages.

So if you have say en–US distribution, and don't use en–US, it will be the fallback. Once you download more locales, the list will start growing with the recent ones and you can pick. The fallback disappears once your primary one is the build's original/default one. So if your fallback is the only one listed there, it's the one the installation came with. You can select any other localized build from firefox.com/download/all

If you want to just add a different fallback, set it as primary first, and then set your desired primary, it will move to the fallback next.

A strange work-around, but.got it. It seems like the original download was for the Brazilian market; it'd make sense. Moving on now. Thank you!

A strange work-around, but.got it. It seems like the original download was for the Brazilian market; it'd make sense. Moving on now. Thank you!

Yeah it's … undocumented at least I'd say. It has been simplified in v152, but seems to have lost some abilities of arbitrary preference and language pack removals per se.

Fancy filing a bug for this UX, with your use–case details? (I have some pet peeves of mine as well, so I might file one at some point later too…)

Stajće prašenje

Dyrbiće so pola swojeho konta přizjewić, zo byšće na přinoški wotmołwił. Prošu stajće nowe prašenje, jeli hišće wužiwarske konto nimaće.