Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Rozrisany Archiwowany

Spell Check As You Type

aidan2

I'm getting used to using Thunderbird but I can't enable spell checking. I've gone to settings and then composition and selected the "as you type" option but this has not enabled the spellcheck.

Can anyone help, please?

I'm getting used to using Thunderbird but I can't enable spell checking. I've gone to settings and then composition and selected the "as you type" option but this has not enabled the spellcheck. Can anyone help, please?
Tutu wotmołwu w konteksće čitać

Wubrane rozrisanje

Which language version do you have, e.g. EN-US or EN-UK, and which dictionary is installed, and appears checked when you click the Spelling button in the Write window? Misspelled words should have a wavy red underline. Was TB restarted after installing the dictionary?

Wšě wotmołwy (4)

Do you have any dictionaries installed? Look at Settings/Composition/Spelling, Language:.

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't have a dictionary installed but I think that I have successfully downloaded one now. If I open a new message and deliberately type a misspelt word, I can click the spelling tab and I get a number of suggested corrections.

I have "Enable spell check as you type" with a tick in the box but I didn't get any notification as I typed the misspelt word. What might I have done wrong?

Wubrane rozrisanje

Which language version do you have, e.g. EN-US or EN-UK, and which dictionary is installed, and appears checked when you click the Spelling button in the Write window? Misspelled words should have a wavy red underline. Was TB restarted after installing the dictionary?

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I use EN-UK. I have downloaded a dictionary and ticked the box to check as I type. I've done a test email and it all works. Thanks for your help.