Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Archiwowany

Thunderbird is laggy and locks up

Claus Ørnfeldt Willemoës

I experience, as man others in the forum, that T-Bird locks the cursor, and everything goes to a halt. You can actually keep typing, and most of the text will appear when the "lag is over". The issue started more than a year ago when I set up a new laptop with pre installed W10, so it was a blank installation of T-Bird. I fiddled a bit with the below registry settings, it primarily take care of resource eating nonsense from MS - it helped a bit, not much.

All this just to say, you have a problem at the T-Bird developer team, I'm not the only person reporting this, but support don't know their head from the tail.

I'm running WIN10 and have no plans of upgrading for now.

I'm not suspecting the computer which is a new one with an I7 processor and 16Gb RAM

================================================================

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\location] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\webcam] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\microphone] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\userNotificationListener] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\activity] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\userAccountInformation] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\contacts] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\appointments] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\phoneCallHistory] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\email] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\userDataTasks] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\chat] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\radios] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\bluetoothSync] "[Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\appDiagnostics] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\documentsLibrary] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\picturesLibrary] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\videosLibrary] "Value"="Deny"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\broadFileSystemAccess] "Value"="Deny"

I experience, as man others in the forum, that T-Bird locks the cursor, and everything goes to a halt. You can actually keep typing, and most of the text will appear when the "lag is over". The issue started more than a year ago when I set up a new laptop with pre installed W10, so it was a blank installation of T-Bird. I fiddled a bit with the below registry settings, it primarily take care of resource eating nonsense from MS - it helped a bit, not much. All this just to say, '''you have a problem at the T-Bird developer team''', I'm not the only person reporting this, but support don't know their head from the tail. I'm running WIN10 and have no plans of upgrading for now. I'm not suspecting the computer which is a new one with an I7 processor and 16Gb RAM ============================================================================ Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\location] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\webcam] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\microphone] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\userNotificationListener] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\activity] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\userAccountInformation] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\contacts] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\appointments] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\phoneCallHistory] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\email] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\userDataTasks] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\chat] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\radios] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\bluetoothSync] "[Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\appDiagnostics] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\documentsLibrary] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\picturesLibrary] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\videosLibrary] "Value"="Deny" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\broadFileSystemAccess] "Value"="Deny"

Wot Claus Ørnfeldt Willemoës změnjeny

Wšě wotmołwy (2)

to be dleted

Wot Claus Ørnfeldt Willemoës změnjeny