Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Rozrisany Archiwowany

I have installed the 64 bit version, but cannot remove the old 32 bit. Thanks

turiara

I have just upgraded Firefox, I am running the 64 bit version now, but the previous version is still listed in Programs and Features. When I try Uninstall nothing happens. I have restarted and tried again, but I still unable to remove it.

I have just upgraded Firefox, I am running the 64 bit version now, but the previous version is still listed in Programs and Features. When I try Uninstall nothing happens. I have restarted and tried again, but I still unable to remove it.

Wšě wotmołwy (5)

Wubrane rozrisanje

Let’s do a full clean re-install; Download Firefox For All languages And Systems {web link} Save the file. Then Close Firefox.

Using your file browser, open the Programs Folder on your computer.

Windows: C:\Program Files C:\Program Files (x86) Mac: Open the "Applications" folder.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac Linux: Check your user manual. If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder Firefox in your home directory.

Do Not remove the profiles folder.

Look for, and rename any Mozilla or Firefox program folders by adding .old to them. Do not rename the Mozilla Thunderbird folder if there is one.

After rebooting the computer, run a registry scanner if you have one. Then run the installer. If all goes well, remove the OLD folders when you are done.


If there is a problem, start your Computer in safe mode and try again.

Thanks a lot Fred! It worked,

turiara said

Thanks a lot Fred! It worked,

Hi   !
As   FredMcD'  advice solved your problem:   would you be a dear and mark his post as   Chosen Solution   ? That way others will know and might benefit from it.
Thank you   !

oooops, what a dimwit I am.

done!

thanks Happy!

Glad to help. Safe Surfing.