Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Archiwowany

Windows 8 won't let me install firefox

Gatchaman2014

Hello,

I am trying to install Tor, the latest browser bundle, and when I do I get a message that "This app can't run on your PC". Why? Is it because I use Tor on my smart phone and recently allowed my smart phone access to my computer through my firewall and it thinks that it's the smart phone?

I also see an error message that reads, "Cannot load XPCOM".

Now when I try to reinstall Mozilla Firefox browser I get the same message that "This app can't run on your pc" where it was just working on my computer yesterday.

How do I get around this? Is this an issue with Firefox that Tor uses, Tor, or my PC? 

Thanks.

Keith

Hello, I am trying to install Tor, the latest browser bundle, and when I do I get a message that "This app can't run on your PC". Why? Is it because I use Tor on my smart phone and recently allowed my smart phone access to my computer through my firewall and it thinks that it's the smart phone? I also see an error message that reads, "Cannot load XPCOM". Now when I try to reinstall Mozilla Firefox browser I get the same message that "This app can't run on your pc" where it was just working on my computer yesterday. How do I get around this? Is this an issue with Firefox that Tor uses, Tor, or my PC? Thanks. Keith

Wšě wotmołwy (1)

Hello,

This sounds like a Tor Bundle specific issue, which is not maintained by Mozilla. A quick search brought me to their FAQ which might be relevant to you:

If there are other issues with the Tor Bundle please contact their help desk.