Scrolling issue on Firefox after upgrading to OS X Mavericks
No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
This article applies to Mac users only.
Some OS X Mavericks users have experienced issues scrolling after attempting to swipe to a previous page. This issue has also been reported on other browsers.
Try one of these solutions until Apple delivers a long-term fix.
Change your System Preferences
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen to open the menu.
- Choose System Preferences, and then General.
- Set your Show scroll bar setting to Always.
Change your about:config settings
- Type about:config in your address bar and press EnterReturn.
- When the This might void your warranty warning page appears, click on the button to continue.
- In the search box, type in browser.gesture.swipe to bring up the following preferences:
- Right-click on any one of these preferences and select to edit its value.
- Delete all the text in the string value field, and then click
- Repeat steps 4-5 for each of the following preferences:
Changing your about:config settings could affect Firefox's performance. To change your settings back to the default, right-click on the preference and select.