Firefox's Private Browsing lets you browse the Web on your iPhone or iPad without saving your history. Open as many Private Tabs as you'd like, and switch between Private and regular browsing easily.
Table of Contents
About Private Browsing
Private Browsing does not save history, cookies, passwords, site preferences, or temporary Internet files. It does keep bookmarks you've saved while in Private Browsing.
Switch between Private and regular browsing
To switch to Private Browsing:
Tap the tab icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the mask button at the top center of the screen.
To switch back to regular browsing, simply tap the black mask button at the top center of the screen again.
Am I in Private Browsing mode?
To know whether you are in Private Browsing mode you can use the following indicators:
- When you are using Private Browsing, the tabs icon at the bottom of the screen will have a purple mask on it.
- Additionally, the search bar will be highlighted purple.
Use Private Browsing
After switching to Private Browsing you'll see a list of open Private Tabs.
- Tap a tab to view the page.
- Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the screen to open a new Private Tab.
- Tap the x to close the tab.