If you want to search a website for text you see in a message in Thunderbird, you can instantly run the search from Thunderbird.
Table of Contents
How to perform a Search
Let’s say you see the phrase "I like Minotaur" and want to search the web for Minotaur. Just highlight the word "Minotaur", then right-click and select
Thunderbird will show the search results in your default browser.
How to change the search engine
By default, Bing is set as the search engine. To change it, do the following:
- In the menu bar, click the menu and select .Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- Under Default Search Engine, use the drop-down menu to select your preferred search engine from the list.
- Click to close the Options window.Click to close the Preferences window.Close the Preferences window.
How to add Google to the search engine list
Google is not included in the search engine list, but you can add it by installing the Google Search for Thunderbird add-on.
- Press the Alt key to display the menu bar, then click on the menu and choose .In the menu bar, open the menu and select .Press the F10 key to display the menu bar, then click on the menu and choose .
- On the left sidebar, make sure is selected.
- In the search field in the top-right corner, enter Google Search.
- Beside Google Search for Thunderbird, click
- Restart Thunderbird.
After you install the add-on, Google will be available in the list of search engines.