Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla Support में खोजें

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
अभिलेखित

C:\Users\Linda\Desktop\Firefox Setup 5.0(1).exe could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

lindaloann

This is the error message I receive when attempting to download/install Firefox 5

This is the error message I receive when attempting to download/install Firefox 5

All Replies (5)

It is possible that your anti-virus software is corrupting the downloaded files or otherwise interfering with downloading files by Firefox.

Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.

See:

That was a great idea, and I thought it might work, but it didn't. I turned off the Windows Firewall and tried downloading/installing and it seemed to work as it had me restart computer but my Secunia PSI still said it errored. Any other suggestions? The strange thing is I have Firefox 5 web page and it seems to work as 4 did. I also checked the control panel and Firefox 5 was listed and not 4.

Thanks for your help

You can try to download the file to a different location (folder) on your computer.

I don't know how to do that. I removed my anti-virus (and reinstalled afterwards) and downloaded/installed Firefox 5 again but it still errored.

You can set a different download behavior here:

  • Tools > Options > General : Downloads : "Always ask me where to save every file"