Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla Support में खोजें

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
अभिलेखित

new tabs not opening

scotttk

Suddenly, my 'new tabs' function is not working...

Pushing + next to current tab... nothing.. button looks like I am clicking it, but nothing happens

File ---> New Tab NOT WORKING

Ctrl + T ---> NOT WORKING

Right clicking on a link in a window and clicking Open in New Tab... That works

But, the bottom line is, I can not open new blank tabs.

Please help! This just started this morning!

Suddenly, my 'new tabs' function is not working... Pushing + next to current tab... nothing.. button looks like I am clicking it, but nothing happens File ---> New Tab NOT WORKING Ctrl + T ---> NOT WORKING Right clicking on a link in a window and clicking Open in New Tab... That works But, the bottom line is, I can not open new blank tabs. Please help! This just started this morning!

All Replies (2)

Uninstall the Ask toolbar and it should work again. There is a compatibility issue with the Ask toolbar and Firefox that prevents new tabs from being opened.

Thanks Tony.. worked like a charm! Cheers!

Thanks so much Tony, I couldn't open an new tab for over a week. And thanks Scott for posting the question!! So glad there was a solution. ^.^