Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
Archived

Firefox ask where to save downloaded file crashes the browser.

Jayx

I'm not sure if this is related to the most recent Firefox version or the most recent MacOS version.

Suddenly I get the "Firefox (not responding)" status when trying to download files when:

  1. the "Always ask you where to save files" checkbox is checked OR
  2. when trying to change the default folder where files should be saved to.

Dowloading to the default downloads folder is in order and files download just fine.

Update: I just tried to upload a profile pic to my Firefox account and the same thing happened - it looks like a permissions issue, probably related to latest MacOS?

I'm not sure if this is related to the most recent Firefox version or the most recent MacOS version. Suddenly I get the "Firefox (not responding)" status when trying to download files when: # the "Always ask you where to save files" checkbox is checked OR # when trying to change the default folder where files should be saved to. Dowloading to the default downloads folder is in order and files download just fine. ''Update:'' I just tried to upload a profile pic to my Firefox account and the same thing happened - it looks like a permissions issue, probably related to latest MacOS?

השתנתה ב־ על־ידי Jayx

כל התגובות (2)

Please remove this reply.

השתנתה ב־ על־ידי Jayx

This sounds similar to another Mac user's thread from this morning: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1390700 (unsolved)

Was there a Mac OS update recently?