Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
Archived

AVG keeps quarantining a favicon as a security threat

clairence1354

AVG keeps finding and quarantining a favicon in Firefox as malware. This happens at least once a day. Sometimes more often.

AVG said I should uninstall FF and install AVGFF.

Causes? Solutions?

Thanks.

AVG keeps finding and quarantining a favicon in Firefox as malware. This happens at least once a day. Sometimes more often. AVG said I should uninstall FF and install AVGFF. Causes? Solutions? Thanks.
צילומי מסך מצורפים

כל התגובות (2)

Based on such a response, I would uninstall AVG and choose another product, or none at all.

They should at least know why they block these items, and it is not related to Firefox.

Hi   !

Separate issue : Your system details show three versions of Shockwave Flash, which can cause major problems. So, please uninstall them .

Uninstaller : https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Then re-install the latest version, which is 26.0.0.151 You can download te latest version from here : https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Note : some 'extras' may be offered in the download.


As far as AVG is concerned : I totally agree with Tonnes.

With Windows' Defender and the safest browser on the planet, it's like being in Fort Knox.

Also see : http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/ex-mozilla-firefox-developer-says-anti-virus-software-does-more-harm-than-good-359798.html