Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

PDFs download only as .pdf.part files in Downloads folder and extension must be renamed

nbcarroll

Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) macOS Tahoe 26.7.1

When I click on the link to a PDF to open it in Firefox and click on the Save icon in the file viewing UI (see attached image pdf-save-icon.png) to save it to my local device, no File Save dialog box opens and nothing happens.

If I right click on the link to the file instead of opening the file, the file is saved silently to the Downloads folder with a name that ends in .pdf.part (see attached image filename.png). That typically indicates a partial, failed download, but in this case, if I remove the .part from the filename, the result is a viable PDF.

Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) macOS Tahoe 26.7.1 When I click on the link to a PDF to open it in Firefox and click on the Save icon in the file viewing UI (see attached image pdf-save-icon.png) to save it to my local device, no File Save dialog box opens and nothing happens. If I right click on the link to the file instead of opening the file, the file is saved silently to the Downloads folder with a name that ends in .pdf.part (see attached image filename.png). That typically indicates a partial, failed download, but in this case, if I remove the .part from the filename, the result is a viable PDF.
Hoton allon fuska da aka liƙa

All Replies (1)

Zaɓi Mafita

Yeah there's some access (permission) issue, see support.mozilla.org/questions/1609093

One of the next versions should ask for the permission access again, instead of silently failing (I don't know the details yet, seems security–related).

Yi tambaya

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.