Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Why do email reply Subject lines start with Aw: instead of Re:?

martindh

The subject line of replies to email messages are preceded with Aw: instead of Re:. Aw: appears to be the German language version of Re:, but my language is set to English as best as I can determine. Forwarded email are preceded with Fw: as normal. I do not see anything other than the Subject line Aw: that look like they are in another language. If I use a different browser than Firefox, then the reply subject line is preceded with Re: so I do not think it is a global Windows setting. This problem started several months ago -- I have been using Firefox for many years without this problem so it appears to be caused by a Firefox update. Thanks.

The subject line of replies to email messages are preceded with Aw: instead of Re:. Aw: appears to be the German language version of Re:, but my language is set to English as best as I can determine. Forwarded email are preceded with Fw: as normal. I do not see anything other than the Subject line Aw: that look like they are in another language. If I use a different browser than Firefox, then the reply subject line is preceded with Re: so I do not think it is a global Windows setting. This problem started several months ago -- I have been using Firefox for many years without this problem so it appears to be caused by a Firefox update. Thanks.

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.