Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wannan tattaunawa an rufeta kuma ta zama daɗaɗɗiya. Yi sabuwar tambaya idan ka na bukatar taimako.
Solved Locked Ajiyayyu

Opening Shared Google Calendars in Thunderbird

SuMo Bot

Hi,

Please explain how to open SHARED Google calendars (that I do not own) in Thunderbird 102.4.0 on Win 11 Pro. Here is what I have tried:

(1) Added Google Provider add-in. Attempted to add my Google Calendars. It didn't find anything at all. (2) Removed Google Provider add in. Attempted to add my Google Calendars. It added the ones that I personally own just fine. However, it did not detect my husband's shared calendar to which I have view-only access. Interestingly, it DID add a shared calendar to which I have read/write access. (3) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #1 again. Attempted #2 again. (4) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #1 again. (5) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #2 again. (6) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #2. Then attempted #1. (7) No change in results. (8) Swore at the application multiple times. (9) Hit up these forums. Found that I am not the only one with this problem. Attempted to find solution. It was written in tech-ese and not English.

Please explain -- in English -- how to add view-only Google calendars, that I do not own and to which I do not have update access, to my new Thunderbird installation on my new computer. All I am trying to do is view my husband's calendar.

Thank you.

Hi, Please explain how to open SHARED Google calendars (that I do not own) in Thunderbird 102.4.0 on Win 11 Pro. Here is what I have tried: (1) Added Google Provider add-in. Attempted to add my Google Calendars. It didn't find anything at all. (2) Removed Google Provider add in. Attempted to add my Google Calendars. It added the ones that I personally own just fine. However, it did not detect my husband's shared calendar to which I have view-only access. Interestingly, it DID add a shared calendar to which I have read/write access. (3) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #1 again. Attempted #2 again. (4) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #1 again. (5) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #2 again. (6) Restarted Thunderbird. Attempted #2. Then attempted #1. (7) No change in results. (8) Swore at the application multiple times. (9) Hit up these forums. Found that I am not the only one with this problem. Attempted to find solution. It was written in tech-ese and not English. Please explain -- in English -- how to add view-only Google calendars, that I do not own and to which I do not have update access, to my new Thunderbird installation on my new computer. All I am trying to do is view my husband's calendar. Thank you.

All Replies (2)

Just to clarify: deleting Google calendars, restarting Thunderbird and then re-adding Google calendars does NOT solve the issue. Thanks.

Zaɓi Mafita

Solution found: https://github.com/kewisch/gdata-provider/issues/140. I do have to restart Thunderbird every time I add a calendar. Use the Google user name WITHOUT the @xxx.xxx.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.