Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wannan tattunawa ta zama daɗaɗɗiya. Yi sabuwar tambaya idan ka na bukatar taimako.
Ajiyayyu

Thunderbird crashes when downloading dictionaries

mr.nick.agar

I am trying to install the English-UK dictionary for Thunderbird (91.1.1). Each time I select 'Download dictionaries' the programme crashes. I have tried many times, uninstalled/reinstalled and looked up for help online, but nothing seems to work! Any ideas?

I am trying to install the English-UK dictionary for Thunderbird (91.1.1). Each time I select 'Download dictionaries' the programme crashes. I have tried many times, uninstalled/reinstalled and looked up for help online, but nothing seems to work! Any ideas?

All Replies (1)

Post the last few crash IDs from Help/More Troubleshooting. An ID begins with bp-....

I installed the EN-UK dictionary from Preferences/Composition, Download More Dictionaries, and it didn't cause a crash.