Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wannan tattunawa ta zama daɗaɗɗiya. Yi sabuwar tambaya idan ka na bukatar taimako.
Solved Ajiyayyu

I want to change the update colour of any hyperlink URL after I have visited it

LezLezLez

I would like to change the highlight colour that my system applies after I have used any URL address link in the main display text. Currently it is a similar shade of blue to that of the original URL and I would like to change this to, say, red. Google tells me to edit one specific CSS file for making this change in Chrome, but I don't use Chrome!! A Windows Explorer search shows several hundred CSS files on my XP SP3 desktop running Firefox 34. Cana anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.

I would like to change the highlight colour that my system applies after I have used any URL address link in the main display text. Currently it is a similar shade of blue to that of the original URL and I would like to change this to, say, red. Google tells me to edit one specific CSS file for making this change in Chrome, but I don't use Chrome!! A Windows Explorer search shows several hundred CSS files on my XP SP3 desktop running Firefox 34. Cana anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.

All Replies (2)

Zaɓi Mafita

You can find default colors in this Options/Preferences window:

  • Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors

Note that disabling "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above" will affect background images.

LezLezLez said

I would like to change the highlight colour that my system applies after I have used any URL address link in the main display text. Currently it is a similar shade of blue to that of the original URL and I would like to change this to, say, red. Google tells me to edit one specific CSS file for making this change in Chrome, but I don't use Chrome!! A Windows Explorer search shows several hundred CSS files on my XP SP3 desktop running Firefox 34. Cana anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply = this has worked for me. Regards. LezLezLez.