Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Oĩporãmava Ñongatupyre

How to hide the full URL from address bar?

Amay

I have the browser.urlbar.trimURLs switched to TRUE but still as you can see in the screenshot it shows the complete URL with the protocols. I do not want this, I want it to hide it and only show the main link like youtube.com instead of https://youtube.com

I have the browser.urlbar.trimURLs switched to TRUE but still as you can see in the screenshot it shows the complete URL with the protocols. I do not want this, I want it to hide it and only show the main link like youtube.com instead of https://youtube.com
Mba’erechaha japyhypyre oñondivegua
Emoñe’ẽ ko mbohavái ejeregua reheve

Ñemoĩporã poravopyre

Here is the solution, my friend asked on Reddit and someone replied with adding the following in useChrome.css file:


.urlbar-input-box{

 overflow: clip;

}

  1. urlbar-input{
 margin-left: calc(var(--urlbar-scheme-size) * -0.76) !important;

}


Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/c.../ifgqo1q(https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/comments/vujzqp/-/ifgqo1q)

Moambuepyre Amay rupive

Opaite Mbohovái (10)

Hi Amay, I am not aware of any method to hide the https:// for secure addresses. It does seem that with the lock icon there, it's not critical to show https:// if you aren't showing http://.

Mozilla recently started up a new "Ideas" site at https://connect.mozilla.org/. I think if you have time, it would be a good idea to post there to get into the current feedback stream.

What are you talking about?

http can be trimmed, but not https.

Devs are planning to fix it, probably the next year.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1067293#c35

So, just to confirm, there is no way to hide the redundant HTTP or HTTPS from address bar at the moment?

It even shows the WWW, no way to hide any of the three?

Amay said

So, just to confirm, there is no way to hide the redundant HTTP or HTTPS from address bar at the moment?

http:// is hidden by default; https:// is not.

It even shows the WWW, no way to hide any of the three?

There is no setting to hide parts of the host name; Firefox always shows the entire server host name. Firefox does show the base domain name in a contrasting print color for slightly easier spotting, but it definitely could be made bolder for easier spotting:

I think it used to hide WWW also but now it does not, is there any flag for that?

Amay said

I think it used to hide WWW also but now it does not, is there any flag for that?

It did not, and No.

See also:

  • 1736955 - Trim www, https:// scheme, and slashes from URLs
  • 1067293 - Omit "https://"

(please do not comment in bug reports
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html
)

Moambuepyre cor-el rupive

Ñemoĩporã poravopyre

Here is the solution, my friend asked on Reddit and someone replied with adding the following in useChrome.css file:


.urlbar-input-box{

 overflow: clip;

}

  1. urlbar-input{
 margin-left: calc(var(--urlbar-scheme-size) * -0.76) !important;

}


Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/c.../ifgqo1q(https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/comments/vujzqp/-/ifgqo1q)

Moambuepyre Amay rupive