Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Ñongatupyre

Updates wipe all data

paulbardsley2002

Hi We (my company) switched to ubuntu, and have been using Thunderbird for a year or so. We really like the app, but on more than one occasion, on launching Thunderbird we get the "This installation of Thunderbird has a new profile. It does not shore email..." message and all our emails and profiles are lost. I'm assuming this is when Thunderbird has been updated. Is there any way we can stop this from happening in the future? As I say, I'm new to ubuntu and don't really know any code, I just know I hate windows. Cheers Paul

Hi We (my company) switched to ubuntu, and have been using Thunderbird for a year or so. We really like the app, but on more than one occasion, on launching Thunderbird we get the "This installation of Thunderbird has a new profile. It does not shore email..." message and all our emails and profiles are lost. I'm assuming this is when Thunderbird has been updated. Is there any way we can stop this from happening in the future? As I say, I'm new to ubuntu and don't really know any code, I just know I hate windows. Cheers Paul

Opaite Mbohovái (1)

It's unlikely that your data have been deleted, but rather TB has lost the location of the profile. You might be able to restore it by replacing a corrupt prefs.js:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1324156

and as the cited kb article suggests, changing the name of the profile to a non-default name can possibly avoid this happening again.