Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Ñongatupyre

What is qip.party/global.php making my Firefox run very slowly

Amjl

When I open Firefox, a browser window opens with the address: https://qip.party/global.php Interestingly when I hover over the address, it actually omits the s on the end of http (which makes me very suspicious)

Firefox runs agonisingly slowly.

What is this?? And what can I do to remove it. Norton is running but has not trapped it....

When I open Firefox, a browser window opens with the address: https://qip.party/global.php Interestingly when I hover over the address, it actually omits the s on the end of http (which makes me very suspicious) Firefox runs agonisingly slowly. What is this?? And what can I do to remove it. Norton is running but has not trapped it....

Opaite Mbohovái (2)

Hello Amjl,

Good for you to be on the alert  !

When you leave out the "globalphp" it will take you to a fake search engine.

I don't know on which device/OS you're getting this, but would you please do this :

Go to the Firefox menu (≡) => Add-ons => Extensions

( Mac  : Command + Shift + A)

Look for anything unfamiliar - if you find one, remove it.

Next step : run malwarescans.

Further information can be found in this article : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-caused-malware?cache=no

Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. They all work differently - what one program doesn't pick up, the other might.

Especially for Mac : https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Does that help  ?

Many thanks for your suggestions. I found an Extension purporting to be a PDF reader which I hadn't remembered adding. It may be genuine, but may not be.... I have removed it. Ran Malwarebytes (nothing found) and Microsoft Sefety Scanner (nothing found). Will try the others over the next day or so.

Firefox does seem to be running a lot better now. I will monitor....

Thanks again.